Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Travel Diary: Loving the Loire Valley

A quick test and I am happy to discover that I am indeed still quite adept at riding a bicycle that is not stationary. In fact, I am an old pro on this mode of transport – a veritable Lance Armstrong, if you will (alright I’m not in competition shape, but I can sit on a bike just as well as any Tour de France champion). In any case, I take to the biking trails (Loire à Vélo) along the Loire with fervor. I soon discover that this is a fab way of experiencing the majesty of the Loire as well as taking in a bit of the green beyond green French countryside. Running some 400 kilometers, the Loire à Vélo (www.loireavelo.fr) is part of a network of trails designed by the EU that will eventually run from the Atlantic Ocean in France to Budapest. For cycling enthusiasts, this is an itinerary must-do.
'
qq

Paris Logue